Tuesday, July 04, 2006

BIG news!

OK - so this is going to be the biggest news that I have ever posted on my blog. But, let's start at the beginning...

You may recall in my last post that I changed my transmission fluid and replaced the filter on my '98 Mercury Sable. This kind of built up my car repair confidence. So Sunday, I decided to "bleed" my brake lines and replace the front disc brakes. I was having problems with my brakes sometimes having a lot of pressure and then sometimes me putting the brake all the way to the floor - so I knew some sort of repair was needed. In the past month my brakes had started squealing as well.

Much to my and Joe's surprise, everything went great! He helped me bleed the lines and I got my pressure back. I replaced the front brakes with no problem. I don't think they really needed to be replaced, perhaps just sanded down to rough-up the surface, but I replaced them anyways. The car drove like a champ and I was just feeling great that I had saved hundreds of dollars by doing these repairs myself . . . .

But then Monday happened. Monday (drum roll please), I traded in the Sable for a brand new Polar White 2007 Toyota Yaris S-Sedan! Can you believe it!? I still can't...But it's true (I can see it right now in the driveway). Joe put up most of the money for the car as a graduation/birthday gift - he is so good to me :-) I paid for the rest from savings and the trade of course. I don't have a digital camera yet - so here are some pictures I stole from Toyota.com --



I am really stoked about this new car. First, I have never had a brand new car before. I drove it off the lot and it only had 12 miles on the odometer. Now I also understand why everyone likes new car smell. AND, the best part of all - I get the best gas mileage ever! 34 city and 39 on the highway. Now I don't have to worry about wasting gas when driving back and forth from school to work and home again. We can't wait to travel in it out of town - so more to come later on all of our traveling adventures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!