Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Work, work, and school...

Yep - just more of the same.  This might not actually be an interesting journal if I don't do anything but work and study!  Work has been crazy the past two days.  I got my Wiki server installed but I haven't been able to get it fully functional yet - technical problems that I really shouldn't get into on here.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to work on it much more this week.  As I said in my previous post though, if on the off chance that someone actually does read my blog and just so happens to know a little about Wikis - think you can help me out with some "Premature end of script errors"?

In the news: the gay rights issue is picking up here an Asheville, it made the front page again for the third time within a week.  It will be interesting to see what happens with it.  I haven't seen anything in the national/international news that I am real passionate about - so no commentary from me.

School is OK - had a nasty test last night in my Intro to Literature class (Literature isn't my favorite subject).  Upcoming I have, of course, my "Ribs" speech that I referenced in my last entry.  I've also got to start working on my Health paper - my topic is going to be Juvenile (Type I) Diabetes.

I'll leave you with a neat quote I found last night when studying poetry for my Literature class.  This is a type of poetry called chiasmus (pronounced ky-AZ-mus).  Go to this site to learn more: Chiasmus.com.

"One shoots and shoots and can't hit; the other hoots and hoots and can't . . . you finish it yourself."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found you!! Question, what is Wiki?

Justin said...

From TWiki.org:

What is TWiki?

Welcome to TWiki, a flexible, powerful, and easy to use enterprise collaboration platform. It is a Structured Wiki, typically used to run a project development space, a document management system, a knowledge base, or any other groupware tool, on an intranet or on the internet. Web content can be created collaboratively by using just a browser. Users without programming skills can create web applications. Developers can extend the functionality of TWiki with Plugins.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to use the Wiki!!
Happy Friday Justin!