Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Where did the time go?

Stock tip!  Valence Technology, Inc. (VLNC) - I haven't got to do any research on this one yet, but I have a good feeling.  They manufacture lithium-ion batteries and the next big market for these batteries will be hybrid vehicles.  The stock is dirt cheap right now - a small investment of a couple of hundred dollars could end up being very rewarding.  Hopefully I'll get to do my homework on it this weekend or next and I will post whether I ended up buying or not.  If it does end up making you wealthy - please share (with me).

Anyways, you might notice that I have added Google News on the right hand column.  A good friend pointed out this news source to me (don't know how I missed it seeing as how I am a Google-addict) and I have added it to my list of daily viewed websites.  I still like Drudge Report but Google News has the breadth of coverage that I need.

Work is great!  I got the Wiki up and running!  I love it!  If you have been looking for the perfect collaboration tool for your job - this is it!  The best part is that it is free, open source software.  We have a technology committee on my job and we are going to try using it to manage and collaborate our projects/goals for the department.  It has really great potential and it is very user friendly.  Visit TWiki.org to discover this awesome software.

I did my ribs speech yesterday.  Most everyone was disappointed that I didn't bring any - I guess I should have seen that coming.  Anyways - the speech was much better than my first.  I stayed under time (may have talked too fast) and I remembered to breathe.  Now that that is over with, I have to start working on my next speech - informative.  I wrote down two topics for approval at the last minute - to inform about the AIDS/HIV virus or Type I (juvenile onset) Diabetes.  I should be able to make something out of one of these topics.

For anyone that actually reads this thing - I am going to try to start posting more regularly.  I am finding this outlet (blogging) to be very therapeutic and would recommend it to anyone.  More to come...

No comments: